miercuri, 4 aprilie 2012

Preston Carbonactive Excel float rod

Everybody had only nice things to say about the Preston rods and the Excel was their most expensive float rod. About two years ago when I was looking for that allround float rod that I would use for everything from small roach to up to 10 lbs carp this was supposed to be THE ROD for me. So I bought it and the first impression was excellent. The action was crispier than that of rods I previously used and the overall aspect was very nice. Absolutely thrilled with it, I fished it about 20 times until when fishing for small carp using 3lbs Korum line, the upper part of the middle section snapped just under the spigot joint. This was replaced of course but living in the wrong part of Europe the delivery took about three months. And after a long period of expectation: it broke again exactly the same way! So the next thing to do after the section was replaced the second time was to trade it for another rod.



So, it is indeed a beautiful rod but would I recommend it? Of course not.